Use the media
Engaging your local media can be a great way to promote our partnership. It raises awareness of WaterAid's work and gets you positive press.
Send a press release to your local newspapers and contact regional TV and radio stations to promote your fundraising. Template press releases are available upon request from your WaterAid Partnership Manager.
If you need support, talk to your WaterAid Partnership Manager.
Use social media
Promote your WaterAid partnership on your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to show your customers how you’re changing lives and ask them to get involved. Promote the partnership on LinkedIn too and show prospective employees you support WaterAid.
Follow WaterAid’s social media accounts for regular content you can share on your own accounts:
Like WaterAidUK for news, updates and supporter stories.
Follow @WaterAidUK - our main account - for news and updates.
Follow @WaterAid for global policy, practice and advocacy updates.
Follow @LauraWaterAid for water industry partnership updates.
Follow @WaterAid for photos and stories from our work.
Subscribe to our WaterAid channel to watch and share our latest films.
Follow WaterAid for job updates and corporate news.
Remember, social media is all about two way conversations. Ask your customers for their ideas about how you could support WaterAid together.
Start a WaterAid blog
A blog on your website or intranet keeps customers and staff engaged in the partnership and updated on your fundraising activities.
You could publish a blog post:
- By a staff member about why they support WaterAid. Post this on your intranet to inspire others.
- By a senior manager about why the organisation supports WaterAid. Post this on your website to encourage customers to get involved.
- By a staff member who has been lucky enough to see WaterAid’s work first-hand. This is a good way to take colleagues and customers on the journey with them.
Top tips for writing blogs:
- Make it personal.
- Keep it simple with one clear message.
- Include photos or films.
- Time them to match key dates like World Water Day.
- Remember to promote them on social media.