Administrative Assistant - Uganda
WaterAid Uganda is looking for an Administrative Assistant to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Deadline: 19 December 2018
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for an Administrative assistant to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Front Office to ensure that reception services are provided professionally.
- Ensuring that a high standard of secretarial service is provided to WaterAid including an efficient system for keeping all records.
- Preparing Administrative budgets and monitor budget variances
- Preparing and having a work plan as well as an office improvement plan incorporating the health and safety, security measures as well as access and inclusion.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have a degree or Post graduate degree in Business Administration/ office management or secretarial studies with 6 years related experience.
- Knowledge of air ticketing, immigration rules, training and workshop venues, office cleanliness, hygiene, gardening and ground keeping.
- Experience in procurement and logistics administration.
- Good skills in public speaking, documentation and information management.
- Be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 26.4 million people with clean water and 26.3 million people with sanitation. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community.
You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you. If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected] .Emails should not exceed 2MB.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications. No recruitment agencies please.