The Database Volunteer is responsible for strategizing, supporting and maintaining the integrity of WaterAid’s donor database, Raiser’s Edge. This includes assisting the database officer in establishing database principles, guidelines and continued data hygiene and applying any other technical solutions to minimize risk and maximise overall database capabilities.
- Database hygiene activities that will include:
- Recoding of donation codes
- Clean up of donor segment codes
- Data Entry into Raiser’s Edge
- De-duplication of donor records
- Clean up of donor contact details format (Phone, Address & Emails)
- Contacting donors to reconfirm opt out codes, new donor email bounces
- Review and clean up code tables in Raiser’s Edge
- Assist database officer with coding structure review & restructure
- Updating unsubscribes from Campaign Monitor in Raiser’s Edge
- Weekly cleansing of Funraisin data files during Water Challenge
- Continually improve policies and procedures on entering & extracting data for efficiency & consistency.
- Assisting database officer with data imports during busy campaign periods.
- Donations processing during campaign periods.
- Researching data enrichment & integration service options.
- Assisting database officer in reviewing all BAU processes that are completed in Raiser’s Edge and providing recommendations for process improvements.
- Assisting database officer with database audits & reviews.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Database Volunteer reports to the Database Officer and is a member of the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works supports the broader Individual Giving department and will interact with other members of the team. This role also has a high level of interaction with suppliers and WaterAid donors and supporters.
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
- Experience in working with CRMs – Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, DonMan preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – experience using pivot tables, power query & array formula’s.
- Experience working with queries, data import & export is advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills, tech savvy and a solid understanding of data management best practice.
- Proven ability to engage a wide range of people in a cause.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, working to a high standard under own initiative.
- Strong administrative and word processing skills.
- Exceptional communication skills via phone.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
Please submit an application to [email protected]
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter addressing the above.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.