Events Fundraising Volunteer
1-2 days per week
3 month volunteer placement (Jan-March)
The Events Fundraising Volunteer is responsible for creating a positive experience for Water Challenge participants by supporting their fundraising needs, answering questions through the main contact points of email and phone, and fulfilling requests for fundraising materials.
Key outcomes of this role are to:
- Maximise engagement with Water Challenge participants through phone, emails and social media
- Support Water Challenge participants with fundraising efforts by offering fundraising advice and tips.
- Fulfill requests for fundraising items and prizes by mailing out items as needed
- Answer general questions and enquiries about the event
- Manage and updating database of participants to be contacted based on actions.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Fundraising Events Volunteer reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and is a member of the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works supports the broader Individual Giving department and will interact with other members of the team. This role also has a high level of interaction with suppliers and WaterAid donors and supporters.
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
- Exceptional communication skills via phone.
- Experience in fundraising- in particular in the events space- is desirable.
- Proven ability to engage a wide range of people in a cause.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, working to a high standard under own initiative.
- Strong administrative and word processing skills.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
Please submit an application to [email protected]teraid.org.au by Monday 16th December.
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.