Events Support Volunteer
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone, everywhere has safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Our mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
The Events Support Volunteer assists the Individual Giving team within the Corporate and Community Engagement department, specifically working on the Water Challenge event.
The role would suit an undergraduate student with an interest in community fundraising and events, and a passion for international development. The role requires excellent communications skills, good phone manner, a degree of autonomy, and a willingness to learn. This role will report to the Head of Individual Giving.
The types of tasks involved in this role include:
- Assisting with the promotion of WaterAid’s Water Challenge fundraising campaign
- Making phone calls and sending emails to Water Challenge participants and assisting them with their fundraising
- Mailing event resources to participants and supporters
- Donor care tasks including manage and respond to supporter enquiries via phone, email and mail.
- General administrative and other duties as required
Please submit applications to [email protected]
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter.
For any queries not answered in this document and to submit your application please email to [email protected]