Fundraising Campaigns and Projects Manager
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
WaterAid passionately believes everyone in the organisation has a role to play in innovation. WaterAid encourages curiosity about the world and empowering everyone to take action. WaterAid recognises that both big and small changes can have positive impacts on our roles, our team and our mission.
The Fundraising Campaigns and Projects Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns and product development for the Individual Giving program across multiple channels including direct mail, telemarketing, and online.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Fundraising Campaigns and Projects Manager reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and is a member of the Corporate and Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works cross functionally across the entire organisation both within Australia, and with other WaterAid federation members globally. This role also has a high level of interaction with suppliers and WaterAid donors and supporters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage, develop and contribute to a range of fundraising direct marketing campaigns that have associated financial and non-financial targets which could include:
- Individual giving direct mail appeals to existing supporters to achieve and grow financial targets.
- Single gift donor journey to achieve annual renewal of gifts.
- Upgrade and cross sell campaigns
- Donor care and renewal campaigns such as credit card declines
- Supporter journey, retention and engagement
- Report and evaluate all acquisition and development programs under your responsibility on a monthly and weekly basis, where appropriate.
- Manage each campaign to meet deadlines and budget and ensure each goes through the internal approval process.
- Grow select online giving programs and platforms to maximise ROI and increase awareness in market.
- Work with the Head of Individual Fundraising and the Director of Corporate and Community Engagement to make key decisions on budget and fundraising plans to maximise individual annual giving.
- Work across all teams (including International Programs, Policy and Campaigns) to ensure that WaterAid is represented and promoted in a consistent, compelling and professional manner in line with WaterAid’s new Global Strategy.
- Undertake projects to refine or develop new fundraising programs or products as required.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks or projects as requested.
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
Knowledge skills and experience
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment. Interstate travel will be required. Weekend and after-hours work will be required.
Level of contact with children
Details of how to apply
Please submit an application to [email protected]
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.