Head of Individual Fundraising
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
WaterAid passionately believes everyone in the organisation has a role to play in innovation. WaterAid encourages curiosity about the world and empowering everyone to take action. WaterAid recognises that both big and small changes can have positive impacts on our roles, our team and our mission.
The Head of Individual Fundraising is responsible for developing and implementing the annual fundraising strategy for regular gift donors, single gift donors and peer to peer events across all channels.
Key outcomes of this role are to:
- Develop and lead the annual Mass Individual fundraising strategy with an emphasis on acquisition, engagement and the supporter journey with an aim to maximise income, retention and return on investment.
- Deliver campaigns across regular gift donors, single gift donation appeals and peer to peer events that achieve income goals, and increase awareness and engagement with WaterAid
- Report on, evaluate and make recommendations on all Mass Individual fundraising programs.
- Role model and manage Mass Individual teams project management. Management of your teams budgets, forecasting and optimisation.
- Retain, develop and engage our existing supporters
- Manage the supporter services team ensuring high quality responsive service, processing of donations and CRM system management.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Head of Individual Fundraising reports to the Director of Corporate & Community Engagement, and collaborates with the fundraising and communications team. The Head of Individual Fundraising manages 4 direct reports responsible for Supporter Services, Database and Fundraising.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing the strategy and overseeing the delivery of the Mass Individual fundraising program including single gift donors, monthly donor program, supporter services and support journey, development and retention activity.
- Manage regular giving acquisition program through key channels such as Face to Face and online, including supplier and stakeholder management to achieve targets.
- Develop and implement existing and new regular gift donor acquisition campaigns exploring new channels to diversify and grow WaterAid’s individual giving program.
- Oversee the implementation of direct marketing appeals to achieve cash giving income goals ensuring effective project management that delivers on time with team processes and approvals met.
- Manage events portfolio including the Water Challenge and all community events. Oversee the teams support and management of requests from the public, schools and community groups for information or guidance on how to raise money for WaterAid including third party events and peer to peer initiatives.
- Lead ongoing reporting on all campaigns including review of key regular giving metrics on a monthly basis, weekly results on active campaigns and quarterly reports and forecasting against budget and other key metrics.
- Manage Mass Individual Fundraising team 4 direct reports (and 1 indirect report) to achieve personal goals, contribute to broader Corporate and Community Engagement aims and successfully work across the department and organisation
- Work with the Director of Corporate and Community Engagement to develop the annual budget, strategies and plans. This includes forecasting and income modelling for the current financial year and for future years.
- Work with the Director of Corporate and Community Engagement to ensure that all supporter acquisition and development activities comply with relevant State and Federal fundraising and privacy law and the FIA and ACFID codes of conduct.
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
Knowledge skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years employment in fundraising and/or a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience in developing and implementing annual fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with setting, managing and delivering on fiscal targets as well as non-financial KPI’s.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience (and interest) in development of innovative products and services that engage with individual donors, including using digital platforms.
- Demonstrated supplier management and project management skills
- Highly organised with an ability to meet deadlines and manage many competing priorities and stakeholder requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative and word processing skills, and other skills required in a self-servicing post.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or equivalent
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and standards of safety of children and protection from sexual exploitations and abuse in all our activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Commitment to innovation, continuous improvement and openness to new ideas and growth
- Maturity and leadership and diplomacy skills required to work effectively with senior staff and donors.
- Ability to work independently but also work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Experience using Campaign Monitor as email platform
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge as core Content Management System for all fundraising activities.
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment. Interstate travel will be required. Weekend and after-hours work will be required.
Level of contact with children
Details of how to apply
Please submit an application to [email protected] by 22nd April 2022.
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.