- Support WaterAid’s work to make water, toilets and hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere
- Work with an awesome team within a dynamic NGO
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
About the Role
WaterAid is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Coordinator to provide effective grant management and operational support to WaterAid’s programs. The Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to support sustainable, equitable and transformative WASH programming led by Country Programs, contribute towards process and systems improvements, and support WaterAid’s preparations for reaccreditation in late 2020.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and adapt to priorities, enjoy working collaboratively as well as independently, and comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Relevant experience working within an international development organisation in a programming or compliance role
- Experience building relationships and working with in-country colleagues
- Excellent communication, documentation and administrative skills
- An understanding of DFAT Accreditation requirements and ACFID standards
- A commitment to locally led initiatives and gender and social inclusion within programming
Details of how to apply
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 5pm Friday 31st July 2020.
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) which addresses the Selection criteria as identified in the Position Description.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
WaterAid is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices.