- Help transform the lives of the world’s poorest communities
- Work with a supportive team within a dynamic NGO
- Fixed-term 2-year position, full time
Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence. Never before has there been more recognition of the importance of WASH.
About the Role
The organisation is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Coordinator within the Policy and Programs team to provide quality grant and project management, and operational support to WaterAid’s programs in PNG.
The Program Coordinator will support programming across WaterAid Australia’s country program in PNG, with a specific focus on strengthening the capacity of country program staff to effectively manage grants. Reporting to the Head of Program Operations, the ideal candidate will be flexible and adapt to priorities, enjoy working collaboratively as well as independently, and comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
The Program Coordinator needs to build strong professional relationships with the Country Director, Operations Team and Program Managers, as well as with colleagues within WaterAid’s Policy and Programs team to ensure that global norms and best practice related to program quality, planning, monitoring, evaluation and accountability, and gender and social inclusion are applied.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant experience in project management roles within an international organisation, preferably focussing on PNG
- Experience managing donor-funded grants, including contracting, compliance, M&E and reporting
- Demonstrated commitment to locally-led approaches and experience in capacity strengthening
- Strong financial management skills, including budget development, expenditure review and financial reporting
- An understanding of DFAT Accreditation requirements and ACFID standards, including an understanding of safeguarding requirements
- Excellent communication, relationship building and problem-solving skills
- Degree in International Development or relevant field
Please submit your application to by 5pm Friday 25th June 2021, with the headline: Application – Program Coordinator
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualifications, Skills and Selection Criteria.
For any queries not answered in this document please contact Alexandra Kidner, Head of Program Operations (email [email protected]).
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
WaterAid is a child-safe organisation committed to the protection of the people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.