Program Systems and Compliance Officer
- Support grant management and organisational processes
- Part-time role with great team and dynamic NGO
- Melbourne based, with some travel
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. We work through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs, and by influencing policy change to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
As a member of the WaterAid federation, WaterAid Australia is responsible for managing country programs in Cambodia, Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste.
About the Role:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Program Systems and Compliance Officer to join the Program Operations team in Melbourne. The team oversees grant management, operational systems and processes, and supports country programs to effectively manage programs to high-quality standards. While contributing to the team, this role has a specific focus on supporting the collation and documentation of evidence in preparation for WaterAid’s re-accreditation in 2020.
The role is a four-day per week fixed-term contract until May 2020, and involves delivering select pieces of work to:
- Continue to strengthen grant management processes, systems and practices to achieve efficiencies in delivering contractual requirements,
- Support country program implementation of minimum standards, and
- Support country programs with monitoring partner capacity and compliance.
To achieve this, the role may require travel to country program locations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
A strong commitment to best practice and continuous improvement and have experience working with international organisations on grant management and compliance processes and systems.
To excel in this role, you will also have:
- Experience working with country teams to strengthen capacity
- A good understanding of risk management and due diligence procedures
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 9am Monday 12th August
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter (max 3 pages) which addresses the full Selection Criteria as identified in the Position Description.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
WaterAid is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.