- Dynamic NGO
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Salary Packaging
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
About the Role
Reporting to the Programs Finance Manager, the Programs Accountant will be responsible for providing guidance and accounting support to the Country Office finance teams. The Programs Accountant will provide support to Operations Managers in Country Offices to ensure financial accounting best practices and the timely completion of month-end reporting. The role will support the Programs team in Melbourne in managing grants, acquittals, budgeting, forecasting and program reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree in accounting.
- And membership of, or studying towards qualification for, a professional accounting body e.g. CA or CPA
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting
- Experience with SunSystems and Reckon Online is desirable
- Experience in a similar role with NGOs and in an environment involving high levels of multi-skilling will be highly regarded
- Ability to learn quickly and to be adaptable
- Reliable, with a strong sense of responsibility and work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A team player with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues
- A working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation
- We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively within a tight-knit team environment. This position is suitable for applicants who are looking to establish a solid foundation at the start of their finance career and looking to grow rapidly with a wide variety of skills,
Details of how to apply
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 5 September 2021
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter that addresses the full Selection criteria as identified in the Position Description.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
WaterAid is a child-safe organisation committed to the protection of the people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.