Senior Program Manager - WaterAid Papua New Guinea
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
About the Role
WaterAid is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual with exceptional leadership and capacity development skills, program and grant management skills, and WaSH technical expertise and experience to fill the position of Senior Program Manager (SPM) in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
WaterAid is committed to supporting the Government of PNG to reach universal access to sanitation, hygiene and water. The SPM will support the Programs team to strengthen the quality, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of WaterAid’s programs in PNG, in collaboration with local and national Government, implementing partners, and key stakeholders (including donors and the private sector).
Key objectives of the SPM role are to:
- Be responsible for managing and reporting on all grant activities whilst building the grant and program management capacity of the team. To do this the SPM will work closely with Programs Team members, the Operations Team in PNG and the Program support team in WaterAid Australia Headquarters in Melbourne to ensure compliance with grant management requirements;
- Ensure all WaterAid Programs are high quality from a WaSH technical and a development effectiveness perspective, reflecting latest evidence and thinking, and adapted to suit the PNG context.
- The SPM reports to the Country Director and as a member of the Senior Management Team, will support the Country Director in leading WaterAid PNG, and shaping our strategies and work with the sector.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience leading/ managing and building multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams in an international development context, with an emphasis on capacity strengthening.
- Significant experience of community-based water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion projects.
- A clear and sound understanding of PNG’s development context, especially in the health and WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) sector.
- Ability to develop program implementation plans that align with grant requirements and available funding, and to plan own work, setting priorities and completing it under pressure or when faced with competing demands.
- A strong commitment to equitable, sustainable development, in particular to strengthening the capacity of national team members
- Good relationship building skills.
- Commitment to child safeguarding.
Details of how to apply
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 1 April 2019 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time
Applications for this position must include a resume (max 4 pages) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) which addresses the Selection criteria as identified in the Position Description.
WaterAid is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices.
Download the position description - WaterAid Papua New Guinea - Senior Program Manager