Social Media Internship
Help transform the lives of the world’s poorest communities
Location: Melbourne CBD
6 month placement (1-2 days per week)
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
WaterAid passionately believes everyone in the organisation has a role to play in innovation. WaterAid encourages curiosity about the world and empowering everyone to take action. WaterAid recognises that both big and small changes can have positive impacts on our roles, our team and our mission.
The Social Media Intern will work across WaterAid’s social channels to increase brand awareness and engagement, build out the social content calendar, and create engaging and conversation-starting posts, images, and videos for social platforms.
Key outcomes of this role are:
- Successful delivery of WaterAid Australia’s social media strategy
- Populate/forward plan the organisations social content calendar
- Grow the social channels and engaged followers
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Social Media Intern reports to the Digital Marketing Manager and is a member of the DigiComms team in the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) department.
- Work alongside the team to create and plan out a social content calendar across platforms.
- Produce cross channel content set out in the social calendar
- Contribute to social media strategy monthly planning
- Increase supporter engagement with WaterAid’s social media platforms
- Monitor postings to ensure brand message is constant from the terminology used to images posted
- Interact with followers and potential supporters by communicating and answering questions through the social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Contribute to the launch of new social channels including Tiktok, Pinterest etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- 1-2 years of social media management experience
- Familiar with multi-social posting through programs such as Later.com
- Comfortable working with Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation and internet ranking for web content
- Entry level experience determining how to cater marketing campaigns to a unique audience
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach
Please submit an application to [email protected] by 28th March 2022.
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.
For any queries not answered in this document and to submit your application please email [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia