Supporter Services Officer
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit organisation. Our vision is a world where everyone everywhere has access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Our mission is to transform lives through sustainable and safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by six values:
Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Innovation, and Integrity
These values define our culture and unite us across the many countries in which we work. They are at the very heart of WaterAid – who we are, what we do and how we do it
Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all roles within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct available at www.wateraid.org/uk/publications/global-code-of-conduct. All roles within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
Successful candidates will also be asked to undergo police and other integrity checks.
The Supporter Services Officer is responsible for all aspects of donor care including, donation processing, bank reconciliation, answering the WaterAid phone line and managing inboxes:
The Supporter Services Officer reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and collaborates with the broader Corporate and Community Engagement (CCE) team and wider WaterAid staff and volunteers both locally and internationally. This role has a high level of interaction with WaterAid individual supporters, as well as corporate partners and WaterAid suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing Donations – Ensure the timely processing of supporter donations of both single gifts and recurring gift set up and ongoing monthly processing. In addition, manage all gift receipting and mailing of welcome packs.
- Key point of contact for Supporter Enquiries- This also involves answering and responding to general supporter inquiries received via phone, email, and mail. This also includes responding to supporter or general public enquiries via social media channels.
- Data Processing and Hygiene – Ensure data integrity and create continuous improvement in data processing as well as update and maintain the Supporter Care Procedures Manual. This includes; return to sender mail, code clean-ups, inputting additional donor details, maintaining a clean database and inputting into the Data Hygiene Plan.
- Routine Donor and Fundraiser Communications – Ensure routine donor care communications are actioned as per the supporter care retention program including; appropriate thank you letters, welcome journey, declines and expiry communications are sent in a timely manner.
- Undertake Regular Giving processes such as Declines and Retries to maximise income for the program.
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics Manager and Database Officer to support with database tasks when required.
- Supporter Retention – Continual improvement of supporter retention including supporter journey incorporating touch points across a range of channels. With help from the Database staff, measure and track supporter cancellation and retention rates to gauge the effectiveness of program.
- General administrative support to CCE team. This includes the fulfilment tasks involved in the implementation of CCE projects and campaigns such as fundraising events and corporate membership.
- Co-ordination of volunteers to ensure volunteers meet recruitment, induction requirements and are supported in their tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Selection Criteria
Knowledge and skills
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment.
- Applications should be addressed to Nicole Ryan at [email protected] by 5pm (AEST) on Friday 3 June 2022.
- Please ensure the title of the Job role is in your application
- Applications must include:
- A resume/CV (no more than 2 pages)
- a cover letter (no more than 2 page) addressing the Qualifications, Skills and Selection Criteria
For any queries not answered in this document please email Nicole Ryan at [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially and for shortlisted candidates, permission will be sought before contacting any referees.
WaterAid champions diversity, equality and inclusion.