Business Development and Learning Officer
Application Deadline: 10 May 2021
WaterAid is a global non-government, not-for-profit organisation, working for over 30 years now in changing lives for the betterment in 34 countries around the world. We work to offer clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to underprivileged people globally, through convincing the governments to change laws, linking policy makers with people on the ground, pooling knowledge and resources, and rallying support from people and organisations from different corners of the world – altogether making lasting change happen on a massive scale. Currently WaterAid is looking for a dynamic, committed, passionate and self-driven individual for the position of ‘Business Development and Learning Officer’ for its country office in Bangladesh.
To know more, please visit: www.wateraid.org
As a member of a high-performing F&L team s/he should take responsibility and contribute to
• Collect donor and opportunity specific information for preparation of grant proposal and bid/no bid documents
• Write concept notes/project proposals for both competitive and unsolicited grants in collaboration with programme and finance team
• Register new opportunity, follow up approval and update grants data in RIS
• Upload grant related documents such as proposal, contract, approval etc. in RIS (Restricted Income System)
• Edit draft narrative donor report as prepared by project team/focal to improve overall quality and consistency with plan/agreement.
• Support special periodic evaluation by facilitating the internal work process and the work of external consultant
• Support strategy development process by facilitating the internal work process and the work of external consultant
• Undertake field visit to learn about context, monitor progress, quality and compliance.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant discipline. Advanced degree from recognised overseas institution/University would be an advantage.
Experience: At least 02 (two) years of professional experience in fundraising with reputed NGO/INGO or voluntary organisation. Experience in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) would be an advantage. Professional writing experience is essential.
Knowledge: Knowledge on fundraising culture and competition in Bangladesh and elsewhere, and familiarity with online database systems is essential. Understanding of the issues related to water, sanitation and hygiene is desirable.
Skills: The person should be able to represent WaterAid in external forum/meeting with good presentation and communication skills. Functional skills are required on most of the common Microsoft programmes. Good command on English language and professional writing skills are essential.
• The person should have coordinating and learning attitude; and should be able to win support from other teams and colleagues.
• Must be pro-active with good interpersonal skills and capacity to work with other colleagues and teams.
• Must be gender sensitive, possess personal integrity, flexible attitude, sense of respect for other colleagues.
• Able to work with minimum supervision under pressure and meet deadlines.
Reportable to: Business Development Manager
Working hours: Full time (05 days a week with minimum 37.5 hours per week)
Work station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract tenure: Initially 01 (one) year with a possibility of extension
Salary & benefits: Attractive salary package based on skills, competencies and experience. Other benefits include provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, life insurance for self, hospitalization insurance for self, spouse and children, cell phone allowances etc.
If you are passionate to make a difference, courageous to improve lives of the poor with water, sanitation and hygiene, confident to meet organisation’s expectations and fulfil the above-mentioned requirements, please apply online through BDJobs.
Application Deadline: 10 May 2021
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Candidates will have to be ready to go through an extensive selection process.
Any lobbying will be considered as disqualification
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. Please visit https://www.wateraid.org/uk/safeguarding-at-wateraid