Baseline Report of WASH4UrbanPoor Project
The baseline study of WASH4UP project finds 13.9 per cent HH had basic services and remaining 86.1 per cent had limited services. 96% of the water points among the tested 169 were contaminated with faecal coliform. Besides, 70.1 per cent use unimproved facility and remaining 16 per cent use facilities equivalent to open defecation in which the faeces end up in open spaces/water bodies with risk of contamination. In addition, 66% household have no facility for handwashing service while only 19.2 per cent have basic service.