"The submission period for Young Media Fellowship on WASH 2022-2023 application is closed now."
The media fellowship is an engagement with WaterAid and young media professionals - journalists particularly to help exchange ideas, raise awareness about important issues, while talking about water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues on a local and national level.
Bangladesh is in the forefront of climate change due to the growing salinity and water scarcity in coastal areas, frequent cyclones and erratic rainfalls. In rural towns, issues such has poor water quality, lack of water resources, and poor hygiene behaviors are very much present. In urban settlements, issues such as lack of access to basic water and sanitation services are dominant. All the issues impact people. There are solutions. To work collectively with sustainable solutions the role of media is vital. WaterAid is offering its flagship Young Media Fellowship 2022-23 for young journalists to engage in issues that can enrich learning and spread the model for impactful work , such as City Wide Inclusive Sanitation approach, inclusive WASH, and resilient climate infrastructure. and further probe solutions, challenges and actions that are crucial for the people of the country.
- Media professionals such as journalists between the ages of 18-35 with a proven interest in water, sanitation, hygiene and climate sector or development issues (locally or nationally)
- Over 2 years working experience as a journalist in print, television, or online media channels
- Experience in published news on social/development issues – minimum of 5 published articles or news (links to be provided with application form)
- Able to commit to 4 months of engagement with WaterAid (during November 2022 – March 2023)
- Approval letter from respective organizations Editor or Head of News – needs to be provided to WaterAid on company letterhead (to be provided with application form).
Only selected candidates meeting criteria and evaluation process will be contacted.
- An online application form will need to fill to be a part of this fellowship.
- The form is available on https://forms.gle/JdsW7Lo2GvhPLecG7 Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 11:59pm, 20 November 2022
- Applicants must attach links to published articles on social/development (minimum of 5 links) with the application form
- Applicants must attach with the application an approval letter from Editor or Head of News stating consent to participate in the fellowship.
- Once selected, all fellows must participate in a half day workshop in December. This will be a part of the fellowship and failure to complete the workshop will result in automatic termination of the fellowship. If terminated, no reward or certificate will be presented.
- Once selected, all fellows must take part in a 1–3-days field visit at a location where WaterAid is currently a part of (location details will be confirmed after half-day workshop). WaterAid will bear all expenses for the field visit.
- All fellows are required to submit 3-5 reports after the workshop and field visit in consultation with WaterAid and Mentors. Failure to submit less than three reports will disqualify participants and terminate their fellowship. If terminated, no reward or certificate will be presented.
At WaterAid we are committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all individuals, including the people in communities in which we work, staff, volunteers, contractors, and partners. Any form of abuse is not tolerated. For more information about safeguarding at WaterAid, please visit our safeguarding webpage at: https://www.wateraid.org/uk/safeguarding-at-wateraid
For further details/queries regarding the Media Fellowship Programme, please contact [email protected]