Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited
The main objective of the partnership is to provide clean drinking water to 5000 school children in Hyderabad through water filters, wherever possible recharge the source of water and build a strong WASH campaign by accessing government funds for sanitation facilities and organizing a comprehensive WASH campaign in the schools.
Location and scope of the project: The project is located in Kapra circle in Hyderabad, Telangana state
Ensure functional clean and safe drinking water access to children in all 13 schools
Reach 5000 school children with water, sanitation and hygiene education;
Train 80 Teachers on usage of water facilities created and Hygiene Education
Create school water, sanitation and hygiene clubs and educate a student water, sanitation and hygiene brigade in thirteen Schools.
Train 195 students of water, sanitation and hygiene clubs on hygiene education
The partnership is expected to run from 1st August 2018 to 31st March 2019. During the intervention, the program is expected to provide clean drinking water to 5000 school children in Hyderabad.
Project activities/ Deliverables
- Water Filters in all schools catering to the needs of the student population while keeping in mind any increase in the student population in the next 5 years
- The water filters will be sourced after evaluating potential vendors based on clear criteria
- Water recharging system in at least 7 schools covered under this project which recharges the ground water / harvests rain water
- Water quality testing kits to be available with the schools
- Operating and maintenance model to be developed for all water related infrastructure. The roles and responsibilities would remain with the school management after the exit of TCHFL
- Communication campaign around WASH involving formation and / or strengthening of School Management Committee, formation of Teacher / Student Cabinets, Exposure visits, Orientation sessions on WASH elements