Programme Coordinator (Voice for Accountability) - Uganda
WaterAid Uganda is looking for a Programme Coordinator - Voice for Accountability to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Deadline: 19 Dec 2017
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Coordinator Voice for Accountability to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working closely with the Head of Programmes, your main responsibilities will include:
- Design of the Voice for Accountability Programme based on a robust understanding of the context and inequalities that undermine access to WASH services amongst the excluded populations of Uganda
- Lead the designing and delivery of the Influencing and enabling programme to achieve programme objectives with contribution to country change objectives and global aims
- Develops and implements strategy for amplifying voice of key stakeholders on WASH rights for women and girls based on the evidence generated from research and learning
- Proactively analyses and reviews sector policies and plans, seeking to influence government and key stakeholders towards pro-poor, gender-sensitive, and sustainable approaches in the sector.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have a Masters’ degree in development studies, public policy, public relations or development economics
- 10 years’ experience of advocacy, research and policy analysis
- Knowledge on emerging WASH issues and challenges
- Knowledge of political structure, culture and policy making process in the country.
- Be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Please download the full job description here>
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 26.4 million people with clean water and 26.3 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community.
You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you. If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected]. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation. Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.