Coordination Officer - Pakistan
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Coordination Officer to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Fundraising team, the Coordination Officer will:
- Under the overall supervision of BDM and support of Manager I&E, the Coordination Officer will be responsible for maintaining close coordination and harmonisation between WAP, RB Pakistan, MCU, and government departments for ensuring smooth implementation of CGPM activities, keeping all the partners updated.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the key ministries and departments or provision of timely support, follow up for approvals and submissions.
- Regularly develop, maintain and update contact list/database and other official records.
- Help establish, document, review and refine process of working collaboratively with departments/ministries and local administration.
- Organize meetings with ministries and departments for MCU, WAP and RB Pakistan.
- Support in the development of meeting material, conducting meeting and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Facilitate RB and WAP for securing necessary approvals for implementation of RB funded project activities including securing NOCs
- Support and assist in coordinating conferences and events.
To be successful, you'll need to be:
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Communication, Marketing or Social Sciences
- 4-6 years professional experience in, networking and advocacy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; a demonstrated ability to create persuasive and clear communications in all forms, for a variety of audiences;
- Proven ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a politically sensitive and challenging environment Ability to priorities, plan well in advance and multi-task
- Ability to build relationships with team members and leaders
- High-energy self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision but also knows when to ask for counsel
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply through visiting http://wateraid.rozee.pk Deadline: 2nd January 2019
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.