Head of Policy, Campaigns and Communication - Madagascar
It’s hard to believe that today, 844 million people don’t have access to clean water and 2.3 billion people – one person out of three in the world - don’t have a decent toilet. Every two minutes, one children under five dies of diarrhoeal diseases due to unsuitable water and sanitation conditions.
As the Head of Policy, Campaigns and Communication of the Country Programme, you will intervene in the following domains: Strategic Leadership, Policy, Networking & Representation, Influencing & Campaigns, Communications, Fundraising, Grants & Donor Management, Financial Management & Budget Control as well as People Management.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Taking in charge of the overall development, coordination and management of Governance and Policy Programme and linkages with Service Delivery;
- Setting, achieving and maintaining quality standards and accountability processes for the delivery of all WaterAid Madagascar Governance and Policy Programme;
- Ensuring that Governance and Policy Programme respond to Country Programme Strategy priorities and remains coherent with programmatic approach, policy and practice are integrated and that WaterAid increasingly develops its practice and initiatives on integration with health, education and nutrition sectors;
- Ensuring that WaterAid’s interventions and partnerships remain relevant and influence policies, institutional arrangements, sector mechanisms and environment at various levels to ensure significant contribution towards the progressive attainment of WASH for all by 2030;
- Leading the delivery of integrated initiatives around policy analysis and engagement, advocacy, campaigning and influencing at local, national and regional level, in order to bring about transformational change;
- Overseeing the implementation and management of WaterAid’s country communications activities and events in order to raise the profile of the organisation and create awareness on the right to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
To succeed in this mission, the following criteria are essential:
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ management experience and at least three (3) of which should be in a senior management position in reputed international or national non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Good understanding of the Malagasy government structures and how they function and ability to navigate the system.
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills. Proven ability in building strong working relationship with colleagues and a variety of stakeholders such as government officials, partners and community members, donors, business leaders, senior academics, other sector actors and high level decision makers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and in French. Ability to speak in Malagasy.
- Strategic thinker. Able to see the bigger picture, challenges and opportunities and create a long term vision.
- Commitment to WaterAid’ values and a working style that reflects these.
Read the full job description below. (Please note that the role will require some travel in-country, as well as infrequent trips across the region and some internationally).
If you have the right skills and attributes, please fill the WaterAid application form and send it to [email protected] using ‘Head of Policy, C&C’ as the subject of the email by 28th February 2018.
Application through sending the resume alone is not accepted.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
WaterAid promotes equal opportunities and encourages applications from any person qualified and eligible regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, etc…
To apply for this position, you should demonstrate your eligibility to work in Madagascar.