Head of Programmes, Policy and Governance - Mozambique
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Programmes, Policy and Governance to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere.
Working within the WaterAid Mozambique team, the Head of Programmes, Policy and Governance will;
- Support the Country Director in executing Mozambique’s Programme Strategy and contribute to its development;
- Represent WaterAid in national CSO, donor, and government (national and international) forums related to WASH and continuously build and sustain WaterAid’s reputation as a sector leader
- Perform line management function for Programmes team members
- Manage Programmes budgets and report to SMT and Country Director ….
To be successful, you’ll need to be;
- A holder of a Master's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Administration, Law, Economics, International Development or equivalent; Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience and at least three (3) of which must be in a top management position in a reputable international or national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO);
- Have a good knowledge of the policies and development strategies of the Government of Mozambique, especially with regard to water, sanitation and hygiene;
- Strong in negotiation competencies, influencing and networking.
- Be able to travel within and outside the country
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
- Fluent in both English & Portuguese (Written and spoken)
Please download the job description for full details of the role.
We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be a Mozambican national or able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Mozambique.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to [email protected], indicating only the title of the vacancy in the subject of the email before 23 July.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.