Manager Programme Quality - Pakistan
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Manager Programme Quality to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Programme Team, the Manager Programme Quality will:
1. Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Review and update monitoring and evaluation system for enhancing programme quality as per the laid-out standards.
- Undertake regular monitoring of the projects according to the M&E system and ensure sharing of evidence-based M&E reports with wider teams
- Design and execute post implementation monitoring studies (PIMS) to assess functionality and effectiveness of WA interventions in retrospective terms
- Ensure implementation of an effective ‘community feedback mechanism’ for documenting and addressing community feedback on WA’s work
- Regularly maintain an online dashboard-based monitoring of programme progress as a snapshot of the ongoing work for programme team to take quick actions wherever required
- Lead on developing ToRs and managing baselines, midterm reviews and end-line evaluations for various projects as per donor requirements.
- Coordinate periodic programme performance reflections (PPRs) in collaboration with programme teams as per PMER core procedures.
- Lead in the planning and reporting processes such as Country Programme Strategy, Country Programme Business Plan (CPBP) in accordance with the guidelines of PMER Core Procedures
- Lead in developing high quality Six Monthly Report and Annual Report effectively collaborating with wider programme team
- Review programme and project plans for improving their quality aligned with WAP CP Strategy.
- Facilitate programme teams to promote strategic thinking in the areas of programme development and effectiveness in accordance with the strategic cycle of PMER.
- Contribute to developing stronger collaboration (country, regional and global) with other WaterAid stakeholders regarding Programme Quality.
2. Partnerships and donor compliances
- Play lead role in the selection of implementing partners for the country programme in coordination with programme teams.
- Maintain database of potential organisations working on relevant themes and in various geographical areas of the country for any future partnerships.
- Facilitate programme, finance and business development colleagues in addressing specific donor compliances in all aspects of programme quality.
3. People Management and Personal Development
- Supervise team by timely setting clear and SMART objectives, having regular one-on-one meetings and midterm and annual performance reviews.
- Playing a proactive role in managing the team using various people management guidelines and tools.
- Proactively taking charge of the personal and professional development of self and the team according to WA’s global guidelines on people and organisational development.
- Maintain a fair work life balance for self and the team.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- Post-graduate / Masters’ degree in , development studies and/ or social sciences from a reputed university.
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience in the field of programme quality including (but not limited to) planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes
- At least 05 years of experience in senior management position.
- Excellent grasp on the use of Theory of Change (ToC), LFA and other contemporary planning tools.
- Practical knowledge of participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Experience of developing M&E systems with use of IT and managing efficient databases
- High quality written/ verbal communication skills including exceptional report writing skills
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Find the job description linked below the advert for full details of the role.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply through visiting: http://wateraid.rozee.pk Deadline: 2nd January 2019
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.