Project Manager- Sustainable WASH project - Pakistan
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Project Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Programme team, the Project Manager will
- Responsible for smooth implementation of project activities as per agreed project plan and contract agreement with the implementing partner.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to the implementing partner in developing, designing and implementing project activities.
- Ensure timely delivery of the project activities and efficient spending of the allocated budgets.
- Ensure that the project outputs including hardware and software components of the project are delivered according to the agreed organisational programme quality standards.
- Support the implementing partners in building their capacity and understanding on the project outcomes and approach.
- Ensures that gender, social inclusion, WA minimum standards and other relevant standards are mainstreamed in the project and the project is implemented in a consultative and participative way.
To be successful, you’ll need to be
- University degree or professional qualification in relevant subject (social sciences, project management, civil engineering etc.)
- Minimum of five years experience in programme/project management
- Excellent knowledge of participatory development and rights based approaches and an understanding of relevant issued and the regional context
- Proven experience of managing WASH projects/progarmmes
- In depth knowledge of Pakistan Approach to Total Sanitation and Community Led Total Sanitation, sector strengthening approaches
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply via our recruitment agency: http://wateraid.rozee.pk
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.