Nordic Institutional Funding Manager
Do you want to work with us and change lives every day?
WaterAid is working to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. We are an international not-for-profit organisation working in 35 countries to change the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people. Since 1981, WaterAid has reached 26.8 million people with clean water and 26.8 million people with decent toilets. WaterAid has been present in Sweden since 2009.
Institutional support is increasingly important for WaterAid, and the federation has ambitions to increase its portfolio of donor partnerships, and grow its global income, to achieve its global strategy and in the end vision. WaterAid Sweden is a significant contributor to the federation, and has successfully built strong funding relationships with several key donors in Sweden, including Sida. WaterAid Sweden has an ambition to build relationships with and raise funds from other Nordic donors, including the other Nordic Institutional donors (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland, Danida, and Norad). We are therefore looking for an experienced Institutional Funding Manager to lead on and realise this ambition.
The purpose of the Nordic Institutional Funding Manager is to build funding partnerships in order to increase WaterAid’s impact, influence and income for our programmes. The role will primarily focus on institutional donors in Finland, Denmark and Norway, but will also work with other donors if and when opportunities arise.
The role of Nordic Institutional Funding Manager will sit within the International Programme Team in WaterAid Sweden, which coordinates programmes funded by Swedish institutional donors and foundations. The team works in close collaboration with colleagues in Sweden and across the federation to build and manage donor relationships, secure new funds for the federation, manage grants and support implementation.
- Actively cultivate a pipeline of funding opportunities from Nordic Intuitional donors for WaterAid country programmes.
- Position WaterAid among key Nordic organisations (INGO, private sector, academic institutions) accessing funding from Nordic Institutional donors as a partner of choice for donor funded WASH programming.
- Build consortia as needed with Nordic organisations to access and secure Nordic donor funding opportunities.
- Identify and cultivate new opportunities for the Nordic donors and WaterAid to collaborate, and communicate information about opportunities to relevant entities within the federation.
- Undertake regular donor intelligence to seek early information and influence about forthcoming initiatives and priorities, and follow new funding opportunities and aid modalities within the Nordic Governments.
- Development proposals together with programme colleagues and technical advisors, and ensure that all proposals submitted are of a high standard.
- Strong working knowledge, experience and track record of raising funds from Nordic institutional donors (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland, Danida and Norad).
- Demonstrable experience of creating relationships and networks with institutional donors.
- Proven experience of developing and leading on a funding strategy for institutional donors.
- Proven experience of managing institutional grants.
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation, and to identify and create opportunities to influence the Nordic donors effectively and facilitate increasing access to funding.
- Experience of working in a large international organisation, building relationships with colleagues in different entities and countries in order to work effectively and flexibly to achieve impact.
- Ability to analyse the donor environment and identify trends, anticipate changes, be comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Relevant academic background.
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge in Swedish
- Availability to travel approximately 4 -5 weeks per year
- Experience in working on WASH issues
- Experience of developing proposals for and managing EU grants
- Working knowledge of French
What WaterAid can offer
We can offer an exciting and challenging role within a dynamicorganisation that makes a difference. You will be based at WaterAid Sweden, a growing and vibrant organisation closely linked with global colleagues from the other 34 countries where WaterAid work. This is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. Join us in making sure everyone everywhere has clean water, sanitation and hygiene by 2030 - then we will have to find other jobs!
Please send your CV and a personal letter to [email protected] by 11 February.
We will hold interviews as and when we receive relevant applications. Feel free to email any questions regarding the position to email [email protected] or contact Hannah Morris, Head of International Programmes, on Tel 073 661 22 74. We look forward to receiving your application!