Strategy and Funding Advisor - Uganda
WaterAid Uganda is looking for a Strategy and Funding Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Deadline: 19 Dec 2017
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. WaterAid is looking for a Strategy and Funding Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the support to WA partners to develop and enact effective programme management systems.
- Leading the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy that focusses on strategic goals to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams.
- Leading the identification of fundraising opportunities to meet funding requirements.
- Work closely with WAU colleagues, Water Aid member fundraising teams to scope opportunities to meet CP funding requirements.
- Leading relationships management with donors. Negotiate required contract amendments or addendums with the donor or member fundraising teams during the grant period.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Research studies with a development bias. Master’s in Business Administration in a related field will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian context.
- Experience in preparing budgets & developing monitoring and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of international relationships and reporting requirements.
- Be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Please download the full job description here>
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 26.4 million people with clean water and 26.3 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected]
Emails should not exceed 2MB. WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation. Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications. No recruitment agencies please.