Virtual work experience week
About the programme
Our virtual work experience programme will run from Monday 26 to Friday 30 July 2021.
It offers a unique opportunity to learn about WaterAid, meet different teams within the organisation, and gain a valuable insight into the charity sector – all through your computer, tablet or phone.
Throughout the week, you will:
- undertake real tasks and challenges,
- develop your employability skills,
- learn about WaterAid and the different career paths available within the organisation,
- meet and interact with members of staff from different teams,
- attend webinars and talks led by WaterAid staff and our partners,
- have opportunities to share your own experience and insight,
- receive mentoring and support from a workplace buddy.
We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere.
Without all three, people can’t live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good.
With the help of our local partners, we work with communities to build low-cost, sustainable solutions that meet their needs.
How to apply
To take part in the programme, you must:
- be in school Year:
- 10, 11, 12 or 13 (England and Wales)
- 11, 12, 13 or 14 (Northern Ireland)
- S4, S5 or S6 (Scotland),
- be available from 10am - 4pm every day, from Monday 26 - Friday 30 July,
- have the consent of your parent or carer, if you're aged under 16.
To apply, complete our short application form:
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 21 June.
We're committed to making this opportunity accessible to as many young people as possible. If you'd like to discuss any aspect of the programme, get in touch with us using the contact details below.