Benefits of working for WaterAid
At WaterAid, we’ll encourage and empower you to be yourself at your very best, so you can use your talents and shape your own future.
As an individual, you’ll find yourself constantly learning and trying new things, all with the goal of transforming millions of lives around the world with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
Read on to find out about the benefits you’ll receive if you work for WaterAid.
What we offer
Our full-time employees work 35 hours a week. We also offer a wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements.
- You will receive 28 days of holiday a year, plus public holidays.
- Annual leave is pro rata for part-time and fixed-term employees.
- Leave increases to 30 days after three years of service and to 31 days after five years of service.
- You will receive an extra three days of annual leave in the year you reach ten years of service.
- You will also have the option to apply for up to five additional days of annual leave.
- Your individual pension contributions of 3%, 4% or 5% will be double-matched by WaterAid at 6%, 8% or 10%.
- Your contributions can be made by salary exchange, which gives full exemption from income tax and National Insurance.
- You will receive individual pension advice at the start of your employment with WaterAid and during your annual review meetings.
We will make a single payment of four times your salary as life assurance to the person or persons you choose.
As a WaterAid employee, you will have access to:
- Our 24/7 free employee assistance helpline – including access to confidential counselling and lifestyle advice for you and your family.
- A range of paid or unpaid leave, including carer's leave, compassionate leave and sabbatical leave.
- Health cash plan insurance that pays out when you have to pay medical costs. You can choose the level of cover which suits you best.
- If you're based in our London office, you'll be able to join discounted fitness programmes, including yoga, climbing, and seasonal sports activities.
We offer a range of family-friendly policies that will support you to meet your family's needs, including:
- Childcare vouchers paid by salary exchange, giving you full exemption from income tax and National Insurance.
- Enhanced maternity pay and leave. You will be entitled to eight weeks of full pay, 24 weeks of half pay, and then seven weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay (upon reaching one year of service) at the 15th week before your child is due.
- Enhanced adoption/surrogacy pay and leave. You will be entitled to eight weeks of full pay, 24 weeks of half pay, and then 7 weeks at the current statutory rate (upon reaching one year of service) in the week you are formally matched (in the case of adoption), or at the qualifying week (in the case of surrogacy).
You will have access to personalised benefits, from subsidised gym membership, shopping discounts, discounted cinema and theatre tickets, as well as holiday packages.
We recognise the importance of investing in people and in our employees' continuous development so everyone can play a part in achieving our strategy while building their careers.
That's why we promote a culture of work place learning where, with your manager's support, you can develop in your role and take advantage of a wide range of learning opportunities, enhancing your individual skills and talents.
Upon completion of your probation period, you will be able to apply for:
- An interest-free annual season ticket loan for public transport.
- A cycle-to-work scheme to buy a bicycle and accessories up to the value of £1,000. We will provide you with an interest-free loan with repayments made over 12 months by salary exchange, which gives full exemption from income tax and National Insurance.
What our employees say
I work with some of the most talented and dedicated people I have ever met and we're all passionate about making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere."