Give in celebration
Mark the occasion
Celebration: singing, dancing, laughing with friends and family. Wherever you live and whatever it's for, we all mark special occasions in very similar ways. Your generous gifts will give others a reason to celebrate too - like the people of Belavabary in Madagascar.
See the joy they felt as they celebrated clean water arriving in their community for the first time:
When a community gets clean water life changes forever. Children can stay healthy and stay in school, adults can spend time working instead of fetching water and everybody can have the chance to lift themselves out of poverty. Plenty to celebrate.
Ideas for a celebration
Top fundraising tips
- Explain that for your celebration you would prefer for everyone to make a donation rather than give a personal gift – this way the gift will keep on giving!
- Include a personal note or story telling people why you have chosen to raise funds for WaterAid in particular.
- Think about the best place to share your page – you can post it on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or you may even decide to add a link to your e-mail footer during your fundraising period.
- Ask us if we can help to make your day as special as possible – we’re here to help! You can email us on _.
- If you are hosting a physical event request a collection tin from us. That way people can choose to donate any loose change should they wish to.
- Think about raffles or prize draws to add to your fundraising total. These are a great way to raise a bit of extra cash and can be really fun!