Give in celebration
Mark the occasion
Instead of receiving gifts, why not pass on the gifts of clean water, good hygiene and decent toilets to those who need them most? Whether it's for a birthday, wedding or religious occasion, use your celebration to change the lives of others.
Ideas for a celebration
Top fundraising tips
- Explain that for your celebration you would prefer for everyone to make a donation rather than give a personal gift – this way the gift will keep on giving!
- Include a personal note or story telling people why you have chosen to raise funds for WaterAid in particular.
- Think about the best place to share your page – you can post it on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or you may even decide to add a link to your e-mail footer during your fundraising period.
- Ask us if we can help to make your day as special as possible – we’re here to help! You can email us on [email protected].
- If you are hosting a physical event request a collection tin from us. That way people can choose to donate any loose change should they wish to.
- Think about raffles or prize draws to add to your fundraising total. These are a great way to raise a bit of extra cash and can be really fun!