The WaterAid Raffle
Our Raffle is now closed, thank you to all those who played and for supporting us to bring clean water to many young women and girls like Malala.
Malala is a 16-year-old girl who lives with her parents and four siblings in Manjakandriana village. Her village is less than 30 miles from Madagascar’s capital. She loves to study, and her favourite class is maths. She is determined, driven, bold and has big dreams for what her future holds.
Malala like many young women and girls across the world collects water for her family. Often the time spent fetching water would mean she missed out on vital lessons or days at school. It also put her at risk of injury, as during the rainy season when the path was wet, she fell and hurt her leg.
By playing our raffle you have helped to bring clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene to communities around the world, ensuring girls like Malala can go to school, gain an education, and achieve their goals.
- The first prize is £4,500 cash.
- The second prize is £1,000 cash.
- The third prize is £500 cash.
- The fourth prize is 10 x Cadburys Christmas hampers (worth over £50)
- There are 50 runner-up prizes of a £20 M&S voucher.
- The cost of each entry is £1.
- Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance.
- Entries must be received by 9th December 2022.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- Unsold tickets should be sent back to WaterAid.
- Winners of prizes will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than seven days after the draw.
- Based on the average number of entries in our two raffles in 2020, the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket was 1 in 6,237.
- Winners will be chosen by a Random Number Generator.
- Based on the raffle submissions made to the Gambling Commission, of the £204,673 received in ticket sales in the two raffles in 2021, just 13.5% went on expenses (including 6.8% on prizes) and a fantastic 79.8% came back to WaterAid to fund our work: this was a value of £163,259.
- No ticket to be sold to or by any person on the street.
- Tickets may not be bought or sold by anyone under the age of 18.
- Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Underage gambling is an offence.
- The raffle is open to all who purchase a ticket(s), except individuals having any connection with the production and management of the draw.
- Details of the winners and prizes awarded will be published online at raffleplayer.com/wateraid/winners. Winners may be asked to take part in WaterAid PR and promotional activity.
- WaterAid will accept no responsibility for lost or damaged entries.
- WaterAid reserves the right to use the name(s) of the winner(s) in an abbreviated form in any future mailings or promotional material. If you’d rather your details aren’t shown please call our Supporter Care team on 020 7793 4594.
- By purchasing raffle tickets and thus participating in the draw, acceptance of these rules is implied, and it will be assumed entrants have read and understood all terms and conditions.
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and you are not allowed to sell on to family or friends.
- Responsible person: John Gray, WaterAid, 6th floor, 20 Canada Square, London, E14 5NN.
- Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Reference number 4628.
Our commitment to safer gambling
If you would like to exclude yourself from WaterAid raffles and lotteries, please complete our gambling self-exclusion form. You can also call our Supporter Care team on 020 7793 4594 to make a self-exclusion request over the phone.
Visit www.begambleaware.org or call the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 for help and support.
Download our Vulnerable Supporter Policy (PDF)
Download our Self Exclusion Policy (PDF)
Download our Social Responsibility Policy (PDF)