Play our New Year Raffle
Play the New Year Raffle today and you will help bring clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to schools around the world, giving girls like Mina the same chance in life as boys.
Mina is a determined 14 year old, who wants to become a nurse and save people’s lives.
But in many communities, girls like Mina are being forced to stay at home for several days each month when they have their period, because a lack of clean water and decent toilets in schools means there is nowhere for them to wash or change their sanitary pads.
Staying at home means losing precious time in the classroom – and missing so many lessons can make completing their education impossible.
By playing our raffle today, you can help bring clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to Mina’s school, and to many more around the world – giving generations of girls the opportunity to learn with dignity, complete their education, and reach their full potential.
This New Year, you have a wonderful opportunity. By supporting our work to bring clean water and decent toilets to schools, you can help girls like Mina have the same chance of education as boys – and with it, the opportunity to fulful their ambitions.
Tickets are just £1, and each ticket you buy gives you a chance to win one of our fantastic prizes – including an incredible £5,000 jackpot, and second and third prizes of £1,000 and £500!
Ten lucky winners will get an amazing Nepali Tea gift set, and 50 runners up will receive a £10 M&S voucher.
The winners of the New Year Raffle 2022 will be announced within two weeks of the draw, which will take place on 30 March 2022.
Congratulations to the winners of the Christmas Raffle 2021 which was drawn on 15 December 2021.
- The first prize is £5,000 cash.
- The second prize is £1,000 cash.
- The third prize is £500 cash.
- The fourth prize is one of 10 Nepali Tea gift sets.
- There are 50 runner-up prizes of a £10 M&S voucher.
- The cost of each entry is £1.
- Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance.
- Entries must be received by 23 March 2022.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- Unsold tickets should be sent back to WaterAid.
- Winners of prizes will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than than seven days after the draw.
- Based on the average number of entries in our two raffles in 2020, the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket was 1 in 6,237.
- Winners will be chosen by a Random Number Generator.
- Based on the raffle submissions made to the Gambling Commission, of the £224,547 received in ticket sales in the two raffles in 2020, just 19% went on expenses (including 6% on prizes) and a fantastic 81% came back to WaterAid to fund our work: this was a value of £179,927.52.
- No ticket to be sold to or by any person on the street.
- Tickets may not be bought or sold by anyone under the age of 18.
- Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Underage gambling is an offence.
- The raffle is open to all who purchase a ticket(s), except individuals having any connection with the production and management of the draw.
- Details of the winners and prizes awarded will be published online at raffleplayer.com/wateraid/winners. Winners may be asked to take part in WaterAid PR and promotional activity.
- WaterAid will accept no responsibility for lost or damaged entries.
- WaterAid reserves the right to use the name(s) of the winner(s) in an abbreviated form in any future mailings or promotional material. If you’d rather your details aren’t shown please call our Supporter Care team on 020 7793 4594.
- By purchasing raffle tickets and thus participating in the draw, acceptance of these rules is implied, and it will be assumed entrants have read and understood all terms and conditions.
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and you are not allowed to sell on to family or friends.
- Responsible person: John Gray, WaterAid, 6th floor, 20 Canada Square, London, E14 5NN.
- Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Reference number 4628.
Our commitment to safer gambling
If you would like to exclude yourself from WaterAid raffles and lotteries, please complete our gambling self-exclusion form. You can also call our Supporter Care team on 020 7793 4594 to make a self-exclusion request over the phone.
Visit www.begambleaware.org or call the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 for help and support.