Investing with WaterAid is never a drop in the ocean. Our work sparks widespread and lasting change for people, communities and economies around the world.
There are different ways to support our work:
- funding specific projects in countries
- giving flexibly to support our wider mission
- co-financing projects with other donors
- being the sole-funder of a bespoke project.
Explore some of our current and completed projects around the world to see what an investment of £10,000 or more can contribute to lasting change:
Other ways to invest
Investment in our work without restriction is fundamental to our mission. As an organisation, this core funding allows us to operate efficiently, respond quickly, innovate and plan for the future. As experts in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector, it allows us to be as relevant and adaptable as possible. In the past two years, this has been crucial. We’d love to speak to you more about supporting our work this way, so email [email protected] to organise a call, or download our Flexible Funding report.
If you’re hoping to design a bespoke project with us, please get in touch to find out how we might be able to work together to match our strategic objectives to your funding aims. Here are some initial considerations:
- You or your trust/foundation need to commit at least £300,000. This can be split over a maximum of three years, meaning you donate £100,000 per year for three years.
- All bespoke projects which focus on bringing clean water, sanitation and hygiene to communities also include advocacy work and collaboration with local communities. This is to ensure long-term sustainability.
- We’ll work with you to map out your individual philanthropic goals and ambitions, sharing information about which countries we know have urgent need or strategic potential for bigger impact, so that together we can achieve truly transformational change in a way that inspires you.
- The project design process involves thorough planning. Each proposal goes through a thorough review process in which our technical and financial leads check that the project is feasible and well-costed before we present the proposal to you for sign-off. Therefore, it can take several months (on average three to six) for a bespoke project to launch.
- We will keep you updated in the way that works best for you. We usually include bespoke six-monthly narrative and financial reporting. Your Account Manager will also share ad-hoc updates as and when they are available and will be on hand to chat through the project at any stage.
If this sounds like something you would like to explore, we’d love to hear from you!