H2O Climate Changers Competition 2020 Terms and Conditions
- By entering into the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by the criteria and Terms and Conditions.
- WaterAid shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions.
- WaterAid also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate university students aged 18-25 from all Commonwealth Countries. Participants must be able to prove their student status together with their residency in a Commonwealth Country.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The competition materials will be in English and participants will need to submit their ideas and solutions in English via email via a 3-minute video and / or a poster.
- Closing date for submissions are fixed. No entries will be accepted after the closing date as advertised
- Entries should be entirely the candidates' own original work. WaterAid will not be responsible for any entries that could be found to infringe copyright law, which will be removed from the competition
- The copyright in the entry shall remain the candidates', but in entering the competition the candidates agree that the organisers may copy, publish, display and generally use for publicity and promotional purposes in their sole discretion any or all entries (or parts thereof).
- WaterAid is under no obligation to build, adopt or test any of the submissions.
- The prize is as follows: up to three individual winners will be chosen to travel to Rwanda and attend the CHOGM Youth Forum with WaterAid Rwanda.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Travel is subject to visa eligibility and to any local or international travel restrictions in place from time to time for whatever reason. To travel it is recommended that you have at least six months on your passport before it expires.
- While travelling, you will be covered under WaterAid’s insurance. Health checks and vaccinations are the responsibility of the traveller.
- Winners are expected to sign and abide by WaterAid’s global code of conduct – please find more information about safeguarding at WaterAid here https://www.wateraid.org/uk/safeguarding-at-wateraid
- The winner will be notified by email within two weeks of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Prize winners travelling to Rwanda, must be willing to be featured in print, film and photos from the CHOGM Youth Forum by WaterAid and WaterAid’s partners globally for future promotional materials. Images, footage and data collected as part of the CHOGM Youth Forum to be used by WaterAid and WaterAid’s global partners. The material will be stored securely and could be used on printed materials, in the press and online including in social media. WaterAid abides by an Ethical Image Policy and will ensure that all material is used accurately, honestly and in context.