When you choose to support WaterAid, you put your trust in us. We promise to use your donation to change lives for good with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
We’re incredibly thankful for your decision to support our mission to create a world where everyone, everywhere has these basic rights, and we want your decision to feel every bit as good as it should.
We promise you:
We’ll spend your donation well
For every £1 you give:
- 74p will go on delivering services and making change happen.
- 26p will go on fundraising and governance, ensuring that your donation is still changing lives tomorrow.
We’re here for the long haul
- We’ll deliver lasting solutions, not short-term fixes. That means we won’t necessarily choose the cheapest option and we’ll always invest time in making the right decisions with, not for, a community.
- We’ll tackle the cause as well as the effects of dirty water, so that the impact of your support is felt far and wide beyond the project work it funds.
- We won’t give up until we’re out of business. We have one vision and we’ll stick to it until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
We value your time
- You don’t have to donate to WaterAid to help more people have access to clean water. Your skills and your voice are welcome here. We’ll give you opportunities to use your time so that you can help in the way that suits you.
We’ll communicate with you how you choose
- We’ll make sure you can see how your gift helps by sharing stories of the people in the communities where we work*.
- We’ll communicate with you in the way you choose, and you can change your mind about how we contact you at any time. Just call our Supporter Care team on 020 7793 4594 to let us know how you prefer to hear from us.
*If we have your permission to do so.
We’re committed to integrity in our fundraising
- We’re registered with the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Regulator and adhere to their Code of Fundraising Practice.
- To us, you’re a person, not “data”, and we’ll always take care of the information we have about you. We promise to treat you and your data with respect.
- We’ll choose the organisations we work with carefully to make sure their standards are as high as our own.
- We regularly evaluate the effectiveness of our fundraising to make sure we’re getting a good return for your investment.
How we're run
How we're run
We’re run by a team of talented and experienced individuals, committed to a world where everyone, everywhere has clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
It’s important that we understand and protect people in vulnerable circumstances, including those who might want to support us.
We work with three telephone fundraising agencies, so we can talk to you about our work and plan for the future.
Our annual reports
Our annual report details our achievements in the last year – and the incredible difference your support is making to people around the world, like like Pushpa and her friends in Lahan, Nepal.
Make a donation today
Ready to make a difference? Just £2 a month can help change someone's life.
Get involved, your way
Join an event, fundraise with friends or find your own way to transform lives.
Give an unforgettable gift
We've got the perfect presents for every occasion in our Shop for Life.