Every day, incredible people like you make our work possible. If you’re considering donating shares, you’ll be helping even more people unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives, for good.
What are the benefits of share giving?
If you donate by giving shares:
- You can claim full income tax relief on the value of your shares.
- No capital gains tax will apply, so you can maximise your donation at no extra cost.
- If you pay income tax at 40% or 45%, you'll be able to claim income tax relief equal to 40% or 45% of the value of your gift, depending on which rate of tax you pay.
Why should I give shares?
You might want to consider share giving if:
- You own a small bundle of shares, perhaps from an inheritance, that seems to generate more paperwork than income for you.
- You hold ‘windfall’ shares as a result of a privatisation or demutualisation that feel like they’re gathering dust, but could make a huge difference to WaterAid.
- You’re keen to support our work but don't feel able to make a cash gift at this time.
How do I give shares?
- If you'd like to donate shares worth £1,000 or less please visit the ShareGift website or call them on 020 7930 37373. Simply mention WaterAid when you make your gift.
- If you'd like to donate shares worth more than £1,000 please contact Andrea Lenis, our Trusts Officer, on [email protected] or call 020 793 5077.