At WaterAid we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information online.
1. Your consent
If you are under 16, always check with a parent or guardian before giving personal information to anyone online.
2. Your acceptance of this policy
3. How do we collect information?
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not give us your information and stop using this website.
We will obtain personal information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
4. What information do we collect?
- enquire about our activities, the Site, our services or us;
- donate to us
- sign-up to receive updates on a campaign or our activities;
- create or update a profile
- post content to the Site
- contact us through the Site or any other channel
The personal information that we collect from you may include, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
5. How do we use this information?
- date of birth
- Email address
- address, postcode
- phone number
5.1 We will use your personal information in a number of ways including for the following purposes:
- help you participate in the Site
- provide you with any information you have requested
- provide or administer activities relating to WaterAid's services or the services offered on the Site
- display your profile or content on the Site
- provide you with information, relating to WaterAid, the Site or information that we think might be of interest to you including information about our events and activities
- maintain our organisational records
5.2 If you do not want us to send you updates on our events and activities, please contact WaterAid at 2nd Floor, 47-49 Durham Street, London SE11 5JD or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that you don't want to receive this information.
7. How do we protect personal information?
8. Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
7.1 We place great importance on the security of your personal information and we always try to take appropriate precautions to protect it.
7.2 We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
7.3 Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us online or otherwise and you must understand that you do so at your own risk.
- WaterAid Sweden
- WaterAid Americas
- WaterAid Australia
- WaterAid Japan
We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any messages transmitted between you and us via email as these are potentially accessible by the public. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss in connection with any email message sent by you to use or by us to you.
10. Right of access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. To find out more about your entitlements under data protection legislation, please visit the Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the email address at the beginning of this policy.