Finance Manager - Zambia
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid Zambia is looking for a Finance Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone in Zambia by 2030.
The Finance Manager role reports to the Head of Finance & IS and supports him/her in all financial management activities of WaterAid Zambia (WAZ).
Further, this role is responsible for all financial and management accounting activities in the WaterAid Zambia Country Programme (CP), to ensure compliance with WaterAid financial policies and procedures for payments, receipts and cash management, and ensure completeness and accuracy of Zambia CP financial accounts.
The role will focus on the following specifically:
- Donor engagement
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Reporting and Budgetary Control
- Internal Controls, Risk Management and Statutory compliance
- Cash / Treasury Management
- Funding & Grants Management
- Financial Systems
To be successful, you’ll need to have a:
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree or equivalent accounting qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Full Professional accounting qualifications and a member of an internationally recognized professional accounting body such as, ZICA, ACCA, CIMA etc.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, of which at least 3 years must be at middle management level.
- Demonstrated sound and in-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Management, and Taxation Law of Zambia.
- And being able to travel, predominately to WaterAid and partner locations within the CP with some travel in the region.
Find the job description below the advert for full details of the role
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV, via email to [email protected] using “Finance Manager” as the subject. Please provide details of at least three relevant references and clearly indicate details of your current remuneration package.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
Please note: in order to apply for this role, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in Zambia.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
No recruitment agencies please.