The global crisis
In the current pandemic, clean water and soap for handwashing, wearing masks and maintaining a safe physical distance from others has become fundamental for a healthy life. The provision of WASH in communities, homes, schools, marketplaces and healthcare facilities is critically essential in protecting human health during the pandemic.
3 billion people around the world still live without access to clean water and soap, making it a challenge for them to frequently wash hands and stay safe from COVID-19. Many are unaware of the importance of wearing masks and maintaining a safe physical distance.
Art – bridging the gap
Art has the power to move people and offer new experiences. Be it photography, film, animation – art can motivate people to think about life positively and differently. It influences the opinion of audiences through visual inspiration and motivates them to think, engage and act. Connecting a cause through art helps present reality in a way that may change the vision and perspective of people for the greater good.
Are you ready?
On Global Handwashing Day, we want to connect with artists in the field of photography, film and animation to unitedly come forward and raise awareness on the importance of positive hygiene habits – not just during COVID-19 but as a lasting behaviour for life.
Do you think your art has what it takes to bring change? Can your creativity and passion for photography, film or animation spark behavioural change and encourage the masses towards positive and sustaining hygiene habits: washing hands with soap, wearing mask and staying at a safe physical distance? If yes, take part in the competition and show us your skills!
What is your #Art4WASH?
#Art4WASH is a competition providing an opportunity to showcase your skills in areas of photography, film and animation. It is a way you can inspire millions of people into good hygiene habits and influencing lives through the theme “করোনা প্রতিরোধে সুঅভ্যাস গড়ি” (Good hygiene behavior for COVID-19 prevention).
Competition details, Terms & Conditions
- The competition begins on 15 October 2020 while the last date of submission is 15 November 2020
- Entries open for Photography, Film, and Animation
- Submissions must be in PNG/JPG format (photography), MP4 format (film and animation)
- Caption for photography and small description for film and animation must accompany each submission
- Maximum file size 500 MB per submission
- Only submit work originally created by you solely for the purpose of the competition. No organization can apply for this competition. Submission can be done with a team of a maximum of 3-4 people or individuals
- Submissions not following the Ethical Image Policy will be automatically disqualified from the competition. WaterAid’s Ethical Image Policy must be followed by all applicants
- All photography and film submissions should be taken with consent of the people portrayed
- Open to applicants up to age 35 years old. This is an initiative focusing on youth only.
Each category of art will have three winners. The competition will award a total of 9 winners
1st Prize: BDT 100,000 | 2nd Prize: BDT 50,000 | 3rd Prize: BDT 25,000. Winners will also receive a one-to-one mentoring session with the judges. Winners will be announced on 19 November, 2020