The Lost City Trek
This 10-day Nepal trek will take you to the foot of the Himalayas, through beautiful rice paddies and give you the chance to experience local village life. We'll also visit a WaterAid project, to show you the incredible impact your fundraising money has on communities around the world. Our organizing partners Discover Adventure have been running thrilling trips since 1995, and will guide you through everything from training to getting you over the finish line.
Challenge grade - Demanding (2/5)
The main challenges lie in the steep, sometimes exposed terrain, with many sections of steps, and some long days.
You must have raised at least 80% of the fundraising target ($) by 1 July 2020, as that's when we get invoiced for the cost of the trip. The remaining 20% ($) is due within four weeks of your return.
Once you’ve signed up we’ll be in regular contact, providing you with lots of fundraising and training support. You'll receive a comprehensive event manual that will include specific details and reminders about your exciting challenge.
An expedition doctor or medic also accompanies trips unless we run below the minimum group size. Our local support crew is made of a friendly team of local guides and drivers. Local guides are a great source of knowledge about local customs and lifestyles. The Discover Adventure crew work closely with the local crew to ensure your trip runs smoothly and safely.
Support vehicles are with the group at all times. All luggage, spares, food, water and camping equipment is carried by them.
International flights and internal transfers.
We'll stay in a range of accommodation during the trip, from lodges to hotels. All rooms are on a twin-share basis. We will also stay some nights in camps, often as part of a permanent tented campsite but sometimes in more basic bush-camps. All food apart from where specified in the itinerary is provided.
People of all ages and from all walks of life are welcome, although we do recommend that you have a reasonable level of fitness. You can sign up as an individual or a group.
This event is designed to be demanding for those of good health and fitness, and is achievable for most people provided they train well in advance. We supply a thorough training guide once you've registered.
The trekking terrain is varied; it can be very steep at times and can include exposed terrain, with many sections of steps.
On a typical day we will be trekking through varied terrain for between 4-8 hours. We'll be trekking past mountainside villages perched up above picturesque rice terraces, and getting a real glimpse into local life.
All you need is a pair of walking boots and a sleeping bag. You'll be provided with a full packing checklist once you sign up.
Yes, everyone will need to take out their own comprehensive travel insurance.
The food is designed to provide you with the energy needed to complete the challenge. Most meals are based on local cuisine. Anyone with special dietary requirements can be catered for if advance notice is given.
A ten-year passport is essential, valid for at least six months after departure from Nepal. You will require a Tourist Visa to enter Nepal and you can either apply for this prior to departure or upon arrival to the country.
Your routine schedule of vaccinations must be up-to-date, including tetanus. Check with your doctor for additional travel health advice – malaria is a risk in this region.
Travel to and from US airports, visa, vaccinations (if needed), travel insurance, departure taxes, alcoholic drinks and crew tips.