As the COVID-19 pandemic threatens our global community, work to bring clean water, decent sanitation and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere has never been more critical. Thanks to our supporters and partners across the world, we are using 37 years of experience to increase access to these vital needs for the most vulnerable people.
We're working fast, across 28 countries, to share the crucial hygiene messages we must all follow to keep each other safe from coronavirus, and to provide lasting access to water, sanitation and hygiene essentials, so people can defend against and build resilience to COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
As the pandemic continues to escalate, we need to do even more right now in countries with already fragile health systems, to protect as many of those most at risk as possible and prevent a humanitarian catastrophe.
Will you support our response and help people who urgently need clean water, decent sanitation and good hygiene?
What we're doing
- We’re protecting the most vulnerable people by installing handwashing facilities and ensuring access to essentials like soap, water, hand sanitiser and disinfectant in healthcare centres, densely populated places and rural areas.
- We’re promoting best practices for protecting against coronavirus through mass public hygiene behaviour change campaigns, reaching more than 99 million people so far.
- We’re helping water, sanitation and hygiene service providers to ensure no one loses access during the pandemic.
- We’re supporting governments in coordination of COVID-19 responses, and to identify the groups most at risk.
- We’re building long-term resilience to pandemics by strengthening the systems that ensure lasting, inclusive services.
- We're campaigning for governments and donors to prioritise and fund getting services to everyone, especially the most vulnerable.
See some highlights of the work we've already done across our country programmes as part of our global COVID-19 response:
Click the icons on the map above to see highlights of our work.
Our response across the world
Read our latest COVID-19 blogs
Hear from our practitioners
How can we bring equality and inclusion principles, human rights, global finance, and sustainable water services together to reach everyone, everywhere with life-saving water and hygiene?
See the latest updates from our teams on the ground
How you can get involved
Support our emergency COVID-19 response
We urgently need to make sure everybody can practise good hygiene. Will you help?
Teach your little ones about good hygiene
Keep kids entertained at home with our free, fun and educational activities for children.