We couldn't do the work we do without you, which is why we value your trust so highly. It's also why, when you make the decision to support us, we promise to use your donations in the most effective way to change lives and empower communities through clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
Our promise to you
- We’ll use your donations in the best way possible. For every $1 you give, $0.80 is spent enabling people to transform their lives with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene, and $0.20 is spent on fundraising.
- We’ll respect your privacy. We’ll never share your details with any other organization or charity for their use.
- You can choose how often we contact you. Just call us at 613-230-5182 to let us know what you prefer.
- We’ll use your support to help deliver long lasting, sustainable solutions, not short-term fixes.
- We’ll share stories and the impact of the people you help.
- Together, we won’t stop until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
We’re committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. We’re also dedicated to working as openly and transparently as possible, so you can be sure your donation will make a lasting difference.
We deliver sustainable solutions
- We’ll deliver lasting solutions, not short-term fixes. That means we won’t necessarily choose the cheapest option and we’ll always invest time in making the right decisions with a community.
- We’ll tackle the cause as well as the effects of lack of access to water, so that the impact of your support is felt far and wide beyond the project work it funds.
- We won’t give up until we’re out of business. We have one vision, and we’ll stick to it until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
Value for money
By being efficient and cost-effective, we're able to transform even more lives around the world with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
An organisation gets good value for money by finding the right balance between low costs, high productivity and effective outcomes. This involves:
- Economy: buying resources in the right quality and quantity at the lowest cost.
- Efficiency: achieving the best outcomes with the smallest possible use of resources.
- Effectiveness: doing things well, in line with our objectives and values, to achieve our aims.
Our management team is responsible for achieving value for money. They do this by creating effective processes for the planning, authorization and control of the use of resources. These include:
- Documented policies and procedures (for example, our Global Accounts Manual)
- An internal control framework (including budget monitoring)
- Strategic decision making (e.g. how we select our programmes and partners)
- Living our values – respect, accountability, courage, collaboration, innovation and integrity.
We have a working culture committed to achieving good value for money, promoting effective and efficient working, and challenging cost implications.
To demonstrate our ways of working, we use a framework to show the key mechanisms in place for ensuring good value for money.
We designed the framework to use as a management tool to maintain best practice and to monitor where we need to take further action. This is supported by several sources, including internal audit reports, Country Program evaluations, benchmarking exercises and Chief Executive and Director reporting.
“When the borehole was put in we celebrated all night."
A single borehole has made a world of difference to the community of Chandaka in Malawi.
How we're run
How we're run
We’re run by a team of talented and experienced individuals, committed to changing normal for everyone, everywhere.
Our annual reports
Our annual reports
Our annual report details our achievements in the last year – and the incredible difference your support is making around the world.