Everyone, everywhere, together
Our mission is to transform the lives of the people who have been left furthest behind by improving access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene.
With our partners and supporters, we have made a huge difference over the last strategic period (2015-2022), successfully completing programs in eight countries around the world. Additional programs continue being implemented in five countries with a focus on water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) as a pathway for gender equality and empowerment.
Despite significant gains and collective achievements, overall global progress has been shamefully slow. One in then people around the world still do not have access to clean water close to home, and over 20% of the global population do not have access to a decent toilet. To fulfil the promise of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), rates of progress would need to quadruple.
Earlier this year, we released our Global Strategy, an ambitious plan to reach 400 million people with sustainable and safe WASH by acting as a catalyst for systemic change. Over the next strategic period (2022-2032) we will leverage our expertise at WaterAid Canada and contribute to this ambitious goal. We will approach our new strategy with a stronger focus on gender and WASH and on climate-resilient WASH services.
Our Strategic Plan is guided by four overarching goals that will be reviewed every three years to ensure they remain relevant and effective within a changing global context. The goals reflect our strengths and have been structured to contribute to the goals set forth by WaterAid’s Global Strategy. We will work closely with global WaterAid staff, local partners, and governments to employ context-specific solutions to meet these goals.
- Leverage the expertise of the WaterAid federation: WaterAid Canada will leverage the breadth and depth of knowledge offered by the WaterAid Federation’s rich and diverse network of expertise around the globe. We will participate actively and constructively in decision making, policy, and implementation.
- Nurture and leverage partnerships: WaterAid Canada will actively pursue and leverage relationships and partnerships across all sectors: government, corporate, non-profit, public, and academia. We will foster long-lasting and impact-driven partnerships.
- Be smart – systems, standards, performance: WaterAid Canada will be a high performing organization that is firmly rooted in evidence, relying on best practices for the management of knowledge. We will consistently measure our success against clear goals and strive for excellence in all we do.
- Invest in a team to make change happen: WaterAid Canada will invest in attracting, hiring, and retaining talented employees compelled by its mission and committed to its values, knowing that a collaborative high performing team is an incredibly valuable asset.
- Innovate, test, and learn: WaterAid Canada is committed to agility, learning, innovation, and risk-taking. These are drivers of our financial stability and mission impact.