Data & Analytics Manager
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
WaterAid passionately believes everyone in the organisation has a role to play in innovation. WaterAid encourages curiosity about the world and empowering everyone to take action. WaterAid recognises that both big and small changes can have positive impacts on our roles, our team and our mission.
The Data & Analytics Manager is responsible for the analysis and reporting of key fundraising programs and overseeing WaterAid’s database systems in collaboration with the Database Officer, including creating and improving processes related to Raiser’s Edge.
Key outcomes of this role are to:
- Ensure WaterAid’s data requirements are met, including maintaining data integrity and security.
- Provide insights and analysis into campaign performance and donor behaviour to support management reports and decisions.
- The use of the database is optimised to meet future growth and need for data insight.
- Ensure performance of regular giving, individual giving and supporter engagement programmes are measured and reported on.
- Provide reports from Raiser’s Edge as requested for other areas within the Corporate and Community Engagement team or other teams within the organization.
- Maintain data to ensure high level of accuracy and hygiene.
- Ensure that all tasks in the supporter services area are completed working closely with the Supporter Engagement Officer to achieve this.
- Champion data protection processes to help ensure WaterAid meets privacy standards and legal requirements.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Data & Analytics Manager reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and is a member of the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works cross functionally across the CCE department and WaterAid Australia organisation both, and where relevant with other WaterAid federation members across the globe. This role also has interaction with WaterAid suppliers and supporters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Records Processing and Hygiene – Ensure data integrity and create continuous improvement in data processing including creating new importing templates using ImportOmatic for new channels and import of data for platforms and monitor performance
- Protect and maximise database integrity. Identify issues with database integrity and structure that could impact data analysis & reporting and implement quality control and integrity procedures to deliver excellent data
- Coordinate database reporting requirements through regular dialogue with database users to ensure that information is being collected efficiently and consistently. Project manage external data suppliers and agencies – managing project scope for yearly RG dashboard, database development work & Industry benchmarking.
- Provide insights and analysis into campaign performance and donor behaviour to support management reports and decisions In addition, assess performance and effectiveness of all direct marketing activities (Face2Face, Telemarketing, Online) to optimise response rates and maximise revenue from these activities.
- Develop, manage and provide a range of reports including but not limited to regular giving and individual giving reports, modelling, lifetime value, donor and campaign trends, objectives quarterly reporting and attrition.
- Maximise campaign and retention activities by setting up data capture protocols for testing, extracting testing results and presenting results in a meaningful manner to support decision making.
- Train staff in the Corporate and Community Engagement team in the use of Raiser’s Edge and how to maintain data correctly for their respective areas where necessary.
- Develop and regulate standard queries, exports and reports to provide information required by members within the Corporate and Community Engagement team and other teams within the organisation. Support departmental staff in tailoring the design and use of the Raiser’s Edge to their needs.
- Manage implementation of data segmentation strategies of supporters for all individual giving activities including cash appeals, newsletter mailings, cold acquisition mailings and supporter surveys.
- Ensure database is fit for purpose and establish the necessary infrastructure for the database – determine which additional plug ins that would make business processes more efficient.
- Work collaboratively with Supporter Engagement Officer to ensure that the workload for the supporter services area is covered including answering donor calls and queries and processing payments a minor percentage of your time.
- In conjunction with the Business Office implement categorisation and coding protocols to ensure the reconciliation process is accurate and meets audit requirements.
- Supervise Supporter Engagement volunteers on relevant tasks–Keep up to date with sector and data security practices
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
Knowledge skills and experience
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment. Interstate travel will be required. Weekend and after-hours work will be required.
Level of contact with children
Details of how to apply
Please submit an application to [email protected]
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.