We couldn't do the work we do without you, which is why we value your trust so highly. It's also why, when you make the decision to support us, we make this promise to you:
- We’ll use your donations to transform lives in the best way we can. 69% is spent enabling people to transform their lives with safe water, decent toilets and good hygiene, 22% is spent on fundraising and 9% is spent on accountability and administration costs (which include bank fees and regulatory costs).
- We’ll respect your privacy. We’ll never share your details with any other organisation or charity for their use.
- You can choose how often we contact you. Just call our Supporter Hotline on 1300 858 022 to let us know what you prefer.
- We’ll use your support to help deliver lasting solutions, not short-term fixes.
- We’ll share stories of the people you help.
- Together, we won’t stop until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere
We’re committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. We’re an active member of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) and the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA) and are fully compliant with their standards. We are also committed to the Fundraising Institute of Australia’s Principles and Standards of Fundraising Practice.
We’re also dedicated to working as openly and transparently as possible, so you can be sure your donation will make a lasting difference.
WaterAid Australia places accountability at the forefront of our work. We are an active member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) making us a signatory to their Code of Conduct, which perscribes to the highest standards of development practice.
“When the borehole was put in we celebrated all night."
A single borehole has made a world of difference to the community of Chandaka in Malawi.
Australian Council for International Development
As a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct, we are committed to high standards in financial reporting, management and ethical practice.
The Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
WaterAid Australia is fully accredited by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. This status represents the Australian Government’s confidence in our organisational effectiveness, governance and development programs.
Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
We are a member of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
ASX Corporate Governance Council
We adhere to the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations.
Fundraising Institute of Australia
We are committed to the Fundraising Institute of Australia’s Principles and Standards of Fundraising Practice.
Public Fundraising Regulatory Association
We are a member of the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association.
Risk Management Practice
We adhere to the ISO31000 Risk Management Practice, and we undergo both internal audits by WaterAid International and an annual external audit.
Code of Conduct
People in local communities are at the centre of our work and WaterAid Australia has an organisational Code of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines and a strong commitment to child safeguarding to ensure the best interests of our local partners and community members are always our priority.
Make a donation today
Ready to make a difference? Just a small gift can help change someone's life.
Get involved, your way
Join an event, fundraise with friends or find your own way to transform lives.
Give an unforgettable gift
We've got the perfect presents for every occasion in our Gifts for Life shop.