Together we can unlock people’s potential with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. Without all three, people can’t live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good.
With clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene, children are born healthier. They get the chance to go to school, and grow up to become adults. Women and men get to earn a living. Whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
Installing taps and toilets is essential, but we do so much more. To make lasting change happen on a massive scale we:
- Influence governments to change laws
- Link national and international policy makers with people on the ground
- Change attitudes and behaviours
- Work with others to pool knowledge and resources
- Rally support from people and organisations around the world
Thank you to all our supporters and partners - your support changes lives and makes a lasting difference. Together, we will get clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere within a generation.
- WaterAid reached 1.5 million people with clean water in 2016/17.
- We reached 2.3 million people with decent toilets in 2016/17.
- We reached 3.2 million people with good hygiene in 2016/17.
- Since 1981 we have reached 25.8 million people with clean water and 25.1 million people with decent toilets. (2016/17)
We have the commitment, experience, resourcefulness and connections to change millions more lives – until everyone, everywhere has what so many of us take for granted.
We started because no charity like us existed. We’ll end when no charity like us is needed. Together we can get there within a generation.