Events Fundraising Officer
Help transform the lives of the world’s poorest communities
Temporary 1 month (16th Feb - 16th March)
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services. Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
The Events Fundraising Officer is responsible for creating a positive experience for Water Challenge participants via a retention phone call.
Key outcomes of this role are to:
- Maximise engagement with Water Challenge participants through phone calls to:
- Offer fundraising advice and tips
- Confirm whether participant would like fundraising material mailed to them
- Answer general questions and enquiries about the event
- Increase conversion of Water Challenge participants to active fundraisers
- Increase average value raised per participant
- Provide support to participants by answering questions via the
- Water Challenge inbox
- Chatbot on Water Challenge website
- Fulfil requests for mailing of fundraising material by sending out mail packs on a daily basis.
- Monitor and moderate the Water Challenge Facebook page Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities The Fundraising Events Officer reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and is a member of the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works supports the broader Individual Giving department and will interact with other members of the team. This role also has a high level of interaction with suppliers and WaterAid donors and supporters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct calling to Water Challenge participants to increase conversion to active fundraisers.
- Engage participants positively in the Water Challenge event and provide them with exceptional WaterAid experience.
- Ensure Water Challenge participants are provided with all fundraising material required in order to achieve their fundraising goals.
- Managing and updating database of participants to be contacted based on actions.
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
- Exceptional communication skills via phone.
- Experience in fundraising- in particular in the events space- is desirable.
- Proven ability to engage a wide range of people in a cause.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, working to a high standard under own initiative.
- Strong administrative and word processing skills.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
Details of how to apply
Please submit an application to [email protected] by Friday 4th February 2022 with the subject line Application – Events Fundraising Officer Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria. For any queries not answered in this document please email Nicole Ryan at [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.