WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
WaterAid passionately believes everyone in the organisation has a role to play in innovation, encourages curiosity about the world and empowering everyone to take action. We recognise that both big and small changes can have positive impacts on our roles, our team and our mission.
In this role, reporting to the Director of Finance & IT, you will support the organisation in a wide variety of administrative tasks. This role’s responsibilities would include the maintenance of the HR Information System, People Place, as well as the Anti-Terrorism Platform, Refinitiv. This role would also ensure that key compliance measures are met by staff and that police checks are undertaken as necessary. This role will also be key in the recruitment process of new staff and coordination of IT equipment.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
- Administer the HR Information System
- Ensure that data in the HR Information System is up to date
- Liaise with colleagues in WaterAid UK to ensure that the platform is updated as necessary and appropriate for use in the Australian context
- Ensure best practice with all staff when engaging in the platform
- Ensure system is correctly accruing leave for each employee
- Support managers in the recruitment process
- Post job advertisements to the job search websites
- Organise applications for review by hiring manager
- Set up appointments for interview and reference checks
- Support managers to coordinate and deliver onboarding process
- Coordinate the purchase and logistics of IT equipment
- Document best practice for IT systems
- Ensure the IT hardware and set up is fit for purpose
- Staff and compliance
- Complete Anti-Terrorism checks for new suppliers and run reports from the Refinitiv database
- Ensure all mandatory compliance is completed by staff, e.g. fraud training, safeguarding training
- Ensure that police checks are completed for new staff and renewed as appropriate for existing staff
- Ensure key officers are in place and have the support needed (First Aid Officer, Health and Safety Representative, Equal Opportunity Officer, etc).
- Support Chief Executive and working groups with internal communications, including important notifications on internal events and news
- Other Responsibilities
- Review administration processes and ensure maximum efficiency
- Update and maintain the contracts register
- Other duties as required
- Provide back up to other members of the Organisations Systems and Support team and assume additional responsibilities to support team goals as required
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
Knowledge, skills and experience
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment.
Level of contact with children