- Dynamic NGO
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Salary Packaging
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
About the Role
In this autonomous HR role, reporting to the Director of Finance and IT, you will support managers to ensure best people practices are implemented and followed at WaterAid in line with our People Strategy and broader organisational strategy, supporting all employee lifecycle activities. Working closely with the Melbourne team and people team globally, you will focus on the foundational basics of constructive conversations, ensuring that we are living our values and progressing themes important to us such as diversity, safeguarding and learning
You will be supported by the Finance & IT Teams and the Executive Assistant. You will also collaborate with the CE, people representatives in Country Programs (CP), the People Team in WaterAid UK and the Global People Team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Professional HR and/or related qualification ability to learn quickly and to be adaptable
- Significant HR operational experience within a team environment. Demonstrated experience handling responsibility for recruitment, employee relations, reward, performance management, policy design and processes and learning and development.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practice and innovative new practices focused on strengthening organisational culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and build professional relationships.
- A proven team player with ability to plan own work, manage competing priorities and work under pressure when required.
- Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who has significant HR operational experience. This position is suitable for applicants who have strong knowledge of HR best practice and are seeking to innovate in practices that strengthen organisational culture.
Details of how to apply
Please submit your application to [email protected] by COB 13 August 2021.
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter which addresses the full Selection criteria as identified in the Position Description.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
WaterAid is a child-safe organisation committed to the protection of the people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.